This document is for you if you already have experience playing MUDs. If you are new to this I suggest you read the basic help first.
Few tips to get you started:
- Check donation room (east from Temple of Midgaard) to see if there are any items you can use
- Go through the MUD school (down from start) and gather sub issue equipment. At the end of the mud school you will (hopefully) kill diplome beast and get your first leveling item – diploma (+1 WIS)
- When you level up you want to try to max your CON (which affects how many hitpoints you get), WIS (practice sessions), INT (mana points) and DEX (move points)
- Maximum you can boost any stat is +5 from what you started the game with. This is important in the late game, but for your first character try to go with a balanced build to get a feel of the game.
- You can find some leveling equipment in Newbie zone (just NE of Midgaard) such as cool newbie helm (+1 CON), cool newbie sleeves (+1 INT) and shiny newbie cloak (+1 WIS). The other place to check is Smurf village (east gate of Midgaard). Small necklace worn by Smurfette is +1 INT and glasses by Brainy smurf are (+1 WIS).
- Some other useful low level items are shiny newbie dagger (+1 damroll), pink ice ring (+1 str and +6 hitpoints) and amber potion (cure). Last two are found in Dwarven daycare which is just outside east gate (2e, d, s). Type ‘AREAS’ for list of all areas.
- You can also ask Yoda for directions to areas. ‘say help directions’
- You do not lose any experience until you are level 7. So feel free to explore other areas around Midgaard like Snotlings and Firenewts.
- Money is useful on low levels. Get Sanctuary from Yoda or a pet (or two) from the pet store to help you level faster.
- Type AFFECTS to see spell affects you have on you.
- Quests are useful way to quickly earn money and experience points. Willie is the questmaster and is located in the Zoo in the southern Midgaard. ‘HELP MIDGAARD’ for map.
- Customizations are available with the TOGGLE and AUTO commands.
- Make it your goal to reach level 7. This is where real fun begins. Also at that point you can create or join a CLAN.
Read about rest of the features to get your self acquainted with those.
Enjoy your time here!